What it is:
Gua sha has been practiced in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. Perfected throughout the centuries, this gua sha tool was built to have a contouring, firming, and lifting effect on the skin. Our bestselling, award winning Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool is now available in Stainless Steel. Benefits of Stainless Steel include:
- ULTRA COOLING: Cool to the touch, stainless steel soothes the skin and decreases facial puffiness.
- DURABLE: Less prone to breakage and more resilient to drops, making it perfect to use for any situation, even when traveling or in the shower.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE: High quality stainless steel allows for deep cleaning and disinfecting for professional grade usage.
What it does:
In addition to improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
- Contours and defines facial features
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time
How to use:
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum to enhance the glide of the gua sha tool and nourish the skin. We love to pair the gua sha tool with Mount Lai's natural skincare products, which are made from nourishing herbs & plants and designed to pair with our tools. Shop skincare here.
-Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha tool from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.